Minto has recently started site preparation and removal of trees for the construction of 192 townhouses. This development has been approved by LPAT (the Local Planning Appeal Tribunal) and the City Council, the site plan application has been approved by the Planning, Buildings and Parks departments, and the required permits have been, or soon will be, issued.
The YMNA recently met with representatives of Minto for the purposes of communicating the construction activities and schedule with residents and to help ensure Minto meet their obligations under the LPAT and City Planning agreements. Minto’s requirements include:
• Communication with local residents
• Removal of the temporary parking structure on the south side of the site within 2 years, from the date of permit issue
• No staging of construction vehicles on local streets, including Farmstead
The information shared by Minto is summarized as follows:
• Minto plans to set-up a website with a Q&A section and a contact phone number, and send a biweekly newsletter to residents. The website is scheduled for completion in December and residents will need to subscribe to receive the newsletter.
• Minto will provide high level information, including general descriptions of their construction phases, the expected start and completion dates, and any updates.
• The construction phases include:
• Phase 1 – Site preparation – underway November 2021 to February 2022
• Phase 2 – Demolish the existing garages – expect to start in February 2022
• Phase 3 – Construction of the temporary parking structure
• Phase 4 – Excavation on the north side and construction of 4 blocks of new townhouses
• Phase 5 - Landscaping
The YMNA has formed a small group of residents and members to meet with Minto on a monthly basis. This will be an opportunity to communicate residents’ interests and concerns, and to receive timely information about the project.
If you live in the vicinity of the Minto site and are interested in joining the communication group, please do not hesitate to contact the YMNA at: email@example.com